15 March 2009

I hacked into someone else's account?

Today at 11.30pm, when I logged on to my Nuffnang account, something very unusual happened. I was logged on as hongpeng90@hotmail.com which happens to be someone else's Nuffnang account, instead of my own account!

The funny thing is even his picture was there, and that was how I found out who this account actually belong to.

I was actually logged on as Hong Peng of http://hpility.blogspot.com.

I wonder how Nuffnang could allow such technical glitches to happen as I could see all of his information like his "Unique Visitors" and most shocking of all, his "earnings".

This is the print screen as proof, but I have taken out sensitive data to protect Hong Peng.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

(Click to enlarge)


Really weird!

12 Macro Voice(s):

Hp said...

lols...i also face the same thing as you...
always auto log in to other nuffnanger account when i view their profile...

Anonymous said...

lols...i also face the same thing as you...

Marc said...

Hp, so you mean to say its normal? And it always happen? But doesn't this also mean that blogger's confidential information are compromised?

Hp said...

marc, of cos not normal..it happened since last week only, i also shock when i saw some of the nuffnanger view and earning. But i dont think can fully view their profile as in blk address and IC right?

minicharms said...

It only seems only both of you had this problem which is such a coincidence. :)

Pam Song said...

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute. It hasn't happened to me before but... does it really happen!? How dangerous! All private data inside leh.

Marc said...

Hp, well to me being able to see someone else's earnings and unique visitors is bad enough.

Vestige, ya man, such a coincidence.

Pamsong, it hasn't happened to you before then its better not to happen to you man. I rather such things don't happen to me too! Lucky its not my details seen by someone else, or maybe it has?

eneres said...

WT"toot"!

Puffin said...

i also experienced the same thing (saw 3 different nuffnangers' private details.. oO)
it's still happening till now, and i wrote about it in my most recent blog entry - www.crispycookie.blogspot.com.
i definitely dont want others to see my site's..info... haha.

Fireopal said...

that's really creepy!!!

Marc said...

Nazzz, u too? I know... somehow when u know that someone might be able to see your details just makes u lose your confidence with Nuffnang.

Marc said...

Fireopal, precisely!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape