02 March 2008

Team Outing at PA Pasir Ris Holiday Flat

Had a team outing on 23 Feb, Saturday. I booked the chalet 22-26 feb, yes you are right, 5 days 4 nights. I had no choice as it was a package. The first night when I went with Ernest to check in first before Ronald arrived, we got a shock of our lives! But to save the reputation of the chalet, I decided not to take the pictures that night, or talk about what happened that night. It was just eerie.

Suggestion. Next time if anyone books a flat there, pls check in daytime!!!

Overall, the team bonding session on Sat was a success! Val and Paul also joined in the fun. I think everyone knew each other better after that day, and I would say more of such outings coming up.

Enough said, here are the photos and videos:






This is the pavillion we did our team bonding and pot luck



Top 3 prizes for winning teams of games



Preparing the food, this is only a quarter


My interns






















I think this was a very great shot I took!









VIDEO of Ronald, Pauline, Albert, Ernest and interns fooling around before everyone arrived.







Charades


































Newspaper dance




"I dedicate my life into your hands"


"I do not want to dedicate my life into your hands! Let me down!"
















What are they doing? Such intimacy! haha
The winning couple of the newspaper dance game
A crab Faith found at the beach with Val
I really like Faith, she is really adorable. Initially before she warmed up with me, she ignored me. After she warmed up with me, she started calling my "kor kor", started telling me things, and starting sitting on my lap, at her own accord. haha. I like kids like that. She will grow up to be very outspoken!
Guess? Guess? Guess?






















How can Ernest not make a correct guess? He sees her every minute and every hour!



Its a "very POWERFUL card". haha









The organizing committee.




Cheers to everyone who made this team bonding session a great success!

30 Macro Voice(s):

ana said...

what is the weight of the girl who won the newspaper dance? it seem very easy for the guy to carry her

Marc said...

I am really not too sure, most probably less than 45KG? She is petite.

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

ah tnx...what is the height difference between her and her partner, she looks very little in her arms, even lifting her with only one foot...

ana said...

can i ask what is her height? and the height of her partner...she looks very tiny in her arms...is their size difference that much?

ana said...

can i ask what is her height, as well as the height of her partner. their size difference while he was carrying her seems very large. is that really true or that is just in the picture?

Marc said...

wpw everyone seems to b very curious...from my estimation, they guy is about 1.83M and the girl 1.64M? Weight ah, the guy i think is around 90KG while the girl is abt 45kG?

Anonymous said...

in your opinion? did he experience difficulty in balancing her while stepping in a newspaper? is the photo above the last size of the newspaper or it became smaller? :)

Marc said...

I think he did it without much difficulty. The other pair, when one of the guy tried to carry the girl, he could only handle for a few seconds and he gave up.

Anonymous said...

all pairs are boy/girl? are they at random or prearrange?

Marc said...

no, its a mixture. some pairs are guy/girl, some are of same gender.

Anonymous said...

did same gender(femal/female,) partner tried to lift each other?

Marc said...

Female / female no. But one pair of guy / guy did. The guy piggy-backed the other guy. But unsuccessful! haha

Anonymous said...

hehe. funny. in your estimate, is the winner of the newspaper dance the lightest in your group?:) is she close with her partner?

Anonymous said...

hi, i chanced upon ur blog when i was googling for the pasir ris flats... just a question, do u need to book the pavilion? or open to public? thanks

Marc said...

Hi anonymous, the pavillion is nt free. Its abt $20 for whole day booking, but its very big and u can hold a lot of people in it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, happened to surf ur blog when I wanted to know more abt the holiday flats. Seems like I can't find info on the amenities in the flat. Could you fill me in as to what's in the flat? Thx a lot for ur help! =)

Marc said...

Shira, u did nt leave yr email or blog, how to reply? Anyway, what would you like to know?

Its like a chalet and its also like a 3 room flat (old ones). It has a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a hall with TV, a shower and a toilet.

Living conditions is nt that fantastic, but its reasonable enough for the low price u pay.

If anything, just ask again n i will clarify.

Anonymous said...

ohh,i jus happened to pass your blog too.urm,can i ask if d chalet booking comes with a bbq pit?and there're only 2 bedrooms,how many beds are there per room?

thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

sorry,can i also check if the electric bills,we've to pay it aft our stay?

ty.

Marc said...

anonymous: it comes with 2 bedrooms, both bedroom has 2 beds each. There is a toilet and a separate bathroom.

You have to pay extra for the BBQ pit, carrom board, basketball, etc, but trust me, its cheap.

Electric bills are not included in the package, thus, yes, you have to settle the utilities bill before you go.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marc,
I've been surfing the net for more info on the holiday flat but to no avail. I hope u'll be able to ans my queries coz nobody noes better den those who've stayed der before rite. =)
Aniwes, wat are the charges like for the electricity & bbq pit rentals? Are there like rules & regulations as to how many pax per unit per night etc etc. I've been calling the 2 hotline numbers but to no avail lei.
Appreciate it man!
im reachable @ miz_fez@yahoo.co.uk

*Cheers

Marc said...

Hi anonymous, the electricity bills for all 4 nights came up to be around $20 plus, with our air con turned on all the way. BBQ pit is available, subject to availability. So you can go to the office and just book, I think its less than $10 per pit, and I really cannot remember the price.

Why do u need 2 pits? Well, if you do,I am sure you can book 2 pits, as long as you pay.

There are also other things to rent like carrom board, baskeball, chess, etc.

All by rental per day.

Hope its clearer for you now...

Cher said...

Hi Marc...may i know wad r the extra charges besides electricity bills...

perhaps water bills?

is there a television set?

Marc said...

cher, just utilities bill which covers all. yes there is a basic tv set, dining table and sofa set, pretty basic.

pokpokkyou, said...

Hi so sorry, I know many have asked questions about the pasir ris holiday flats, but I couldn't find other info on it on the net!
Do you mind telling me how to get there from Pasir Ris MRT station? so sorry and thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi, may i know whether they provide cooking euipments (like pots, ladles etc) in the kitchen?

Marc said...

I don't think they provide. Thanks. As for th direction, I cannot advise, as I took cab. Thanks

bex said...

Hey Marc, thanks for providing all these details! I'd just like to ask-- how many people did you manage to fit in the three room flat, and was it a tight squeeze? How many people do you think the flat can sleep?


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape