21 January 2008

Bangkok Trip Part 1

Destination : Bangkok, Thailand
Date of Travel : 17 Jan 2008 - 21 Jan 2008
Accomodation :
Pullman Bangkok King Power

For the 5 days I was in Bangkok, I didn't really do much, compared to the many times I went prior to this trip. It was more like a mini getaway for myself.

I think its the 11th time I travelled to Bangkok thus the novelty of travelling there has worn off. I have sworn to Irene I won't be going back there for at least 1 year, unless its fully paid for.

Throughout the 5 days, I basically went for a lot of massages (6 in total), walked a lot, slept a lot, and shopped a little. I only bought 4 shirts for myself and a lot of food for colleagues and of course glutton me.

Pictures paint a thousand words, so I am going to post 70% of the pics of my trip here.
10% being those places I can't take pictures, you should know where.
Another 10% are times when I am too lazy to take my camera out to take pictures.
The last 10% are too private to share :P

Enjoy . . .

(The pictures are not really in chronological order)


This is Baiyoke Sky Hotel, no, this is not where I stayed.

THIS is where I stayed, a 3-month old 5 STAR hotel. YES, it is very beautiful, classy and luxurious!
Presenting Pullman Bangkok King Power . . .
The lobby


The front desk office staff, very very friendly and professional

Stil the lobby
The swimming pool
Nice area for tanning
The bar
The international restaurant


A video clip of the lobby area, see it for yourself!
A water feature
The restroom in the hotel lobby

Just outside the hotel is King Power, Thailand's version of DFS
Beautiful "Christmas Tree" in King Power lobby
King Power Departmental entrance

The spacious walkway
The tantalising selection of CHOCOLATES!
Their in-house chocolates, which I bought 7 boxes

Thai Restaurant in hotel
Complimentary starter, Popiah
Thai Fish Cake, much better than the ones I eat in Boat Quay
The not so delicious prawns and mixed vegetables.
The extremely disappointing, very lemak, Tomyam Soup
Fried Rice in Pineapple
Then, we finally checked in as it was finally 12noon. And, to my surprise, the room is really the best i have seen in Bangkok. One word, luxurious!
Nice phone
Nice couch
Nice Samsung Plasma HD TV. Cool!


Hee, I just had to record this cuz it was showing on TV. My idol! Li Shengjie.
The designer looking chair in our room
The bathroom is open concept. See my bed is just "beside" the bathtub.
Another view
Nearest BTS from Pullman is Victory Monument
Chit Lom
One spa I forgot the name. Its forgetable since I did a foot scrub and my legs felt tired as ever even after the treatment.

The already-extinct-in-Singapore A&W. Food here sucks!
Hard Rock Cafe, no, I did not go in.
This is just 10% of what was served in the hotel's breakfast. Me and Irene agreed that its the best breakfast served in a Bangkok Hotel. Can you imagine they serve Jap, American, French and Asian Cuisine for breakfast. Its better than some 3-star lunch buffets in Singapore.


One woman jaywalking caught on camera. Lol.
Boots. My favourite shop in Bangkok when it comes to daily needs.
How can anyne leave Bangkok not drinking this super nice orange juice that can only be found in Thailad! It is so sweet! I miss it already.
One of the massage parlours
Another one. I had 6 massages in total for this trip. Spent a lot, don't ask how much. All I know is I tipped them a lot, a lot!!!

Old bus

A traffic warden taking a break
You will not see such sign boards in Singapore. Cluttered but nice. Like Japan.
Oh, the traffic warden is back to work.
He spotted me taking a pic of him.
Roadside stall selling, ducks?


A clip of the traffic in Bangkok
Jam, jam, jam. Thats Bangkok.
The service in this sports apparel shop in Bangkok SUCKS! TO THE CORE! And I still bought something from them. WTF. Its in Silom area just outside Sala Daeng BTS! Don't go there! You've been warned!
The BTS ticket machine which we used i think 10 years ago? Time to progress.
This is Sala Daeng, I like to come to this area everytime I am in bangkok.
Looks familiar?
One thing we Singaporeans must learn from Thais. Queue up! Can u see that they are queueing and waiting orderly while waiting for the train. If this was Singapore, the people would all be cramped near the Yellow Line!
The queue in front of me.
See, everywhere, people are queueing!
This is funny. They don't ask you to give up your seats to the elderly or people in need, but, see for yourself.
Platinum Mall. Heaven for ladies. Boring for guys! Nothing here interests me at all. If you are up for bargains, then come her lo, all wholesale priced items. 70% ladies. Brought Irene here, if not, no way would I come here.
Shops. 5 Levels of shops. Like Jatuchak, just that theres air-con.
Everytime I come Platinum Mall, I must have this. Their Kuay Chap. Singapore definitely cannot find such a nice one. I finished every drop of the soup.
Birds nest. Ok la, not that fantastic. Its very cheap only so drink to quench thrist la.
Why Singapore cannot have this? This tissue dispenser is in ALL foodcourts in Bangkok. Is it becuz if they put this in Singapore, then people cannot find excuses to reserve seats with tissue paper already? Oops!
But have to buy coupon to eat here, troublesome la. They think its Marche meh.
View from 2nd floor of Platinum Mall.

Caught a glimpse of an elephant. Its a man's pet. This is the 2nd time I saw this elephant. The last time was with Andy and Dennis. You buy sugar cane from the owner then he will let you be fascinated by feeding the elephant.
Brought Irene to my all time favourite Chicken Rice stall along Silom.
Trust me, no fats mean no fats. Really nice. Don't compare to Boon Tong Kee. Its in a league of its own.
To be continued . . .

0 Macro Voice(s):


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape