08 January 2008

My Paper Awareness Campaign in Raffles Place

Today in the morning, I received the usual daily free newapaper 我报 (My Paper) when I was exiting from the control station at Raffles, while going to work. When I was about to browse thru the headlines, I found something rather unusual about the newspaper. Yes, they have now 2 languages in one paper.

.



I did not think much into it cuz I thought it was going to be a one-off 2-in-1 issue.

However, at lunch today, My Paper had an awareness campaign in the heart of Raffles Place, which caught the attention of many passers-by. Everyone stopped to look cuz there were groups of young guys and gals dressed in black shirt and pants with red ties, holding on to A4 sized colourful Cardboards. On these cardboards, bear the logo and various designs of the newspaper in 2 languages.

They groups marched, swayyed, turned, all in uniformed movement, as if it was National Day parade. It was hilarious. One group even looked like they were in protest.




As much as I have guessed, they have just re-launched the paper as a bilingual paper starting from today.

To increase viewership? So more advertisers can knock on their doors? I believe.

All in all, I must say that their campaign was really a successful one, as the attention in Raffles Place was all on them today.
(Sorry pictures a bit small as it was too impromptu, I had to take the pictures with my camera phone.)

0 Macro Voice(s):


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape