29 April 2008

Evil Spammers!

Following up to my previous post on the email I received that I got US$800,000. I am showing you guys the screenshot of my Yahoo! Mail account. This is what i received just this morning after I have cleared everything yesterday!



There is one repeated sender: Mrs Anna Marthin. The funny thing is I have moved her previous mails to SPAM but her mails still get directed to my Inbox. Can someone enlighten me how does Yahoo work?

I thought after you move a sender to Spam, future mails are supposed to be directed straight to Junk mail? In this case, Mrs Anna Marthin seems to have found a loophole, and her FINAL NOTIFICATION seems to be always FINAL!

I heard from a friend that if your email address has a "underscore/_" just before the @, spammers are unlikely to send spam mails to you.

For example:
marcsmacrocosm_@yahoo.com.sg

I wonder is this true because if this is really true, I am considering setting up a new email account with that tip in mind.

Anyone else knows of a better method to ward of evil spammers?

3 Macro Voice(s):

Akira 思胜 said...

Take it easy... Just delete the spam mails only...

Fireopal said...

these spammers never learn!!

I been getting the Singnet phishing email for so many times!

chuafc2006 said...

just filter the address out using the "filter" in your settings.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape