28 April 2008

I won US$800,000!

Recently, I have been receiving a lot of emails, saying I have struck lottery, even though I have not participated in any. Most of the emails I receive on a DAILY BASIS are from Americans, as they always claim to be from The Bank of America, or Standard Chartered. I am seriously thinking why isn't these banks doing anything to trace these con-men, and imprison them so they can stop cheating / attempt to cheat people.

Well, usually when I receive such emails, I will delete them immediately, but I would like to share with everyone one such email I received and I thought the person is really smart / dumb.

Take a look!

---
From: Geraci, Patricia (GeraciP@upmc.edu)

Greetings.

I am Mr. Divad White , i have been waiting for you since to contact me for your Confirmable Bank Draft of $800.000.00 United States Dollars, but I did not hear from you since that time. Then I went and deposited the Draft with FEDEX COURIER SERVICE, WestAfrica, I Travelled out of the country for a 3 Months Course and I will not come back till end of July.

What you have to do now is to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE as soon as possible to know when they will deliver your package to you because of the expiring date. For your information, I have paid for the delivering Charge, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the cheque showing that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country.

The only money you will send to the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE to deliveryour Draft direct to your postal Address in your country is($150.00US)Dollars only being Security Keeping Fee of the Courier Company so far.

Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except$150.00US Dollars. I would have paid that but they said no because theydon't know when you will contact them and in case of Dumorrage. You have to contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your Draft with this information bellow;

PLEASE REPLY TO:Mr. Mike Aderson
DIRECT EMAIL: fedexcourierdeliveryservice001@hotmail.com
Telephone:+(234)8077410005

Finally, make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address() and Direct telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr.David White.
------

Seriously, they really think we Asians / Singaporeans are stupid or what?

1. The name of the email and the sender does not tally. The email belongs to Geraci Patricia but the greeting came from David White?

2. I won US$800,000 without doing anything?

3. I have to pay US$150 for Security Keeping Fee? WTF is that?

4. Fedex being such a huge MNC provided such a low class email address for correspondence? fedexcourierdeliveryservice001@hotmail.com

David White (if he exists) actually attempted to make his email sincere by saying "Do not pay anything else other than the US$150 fee". Indirectly, he is trying to gain my trust?

I receive such emails in tens on a daily basis especially on Yahoo Mail. Why is Yahoo not able to filter such mails as Spams?

Regardless of the fact that I delete these emails every hour, everyday, and also mark them as spams, these mails just keep coming non-stop.

Don't these people have better things to do?

Argh . . .

4 Macro Voice(s):

~YM~ said...

haha..such mails had been quite frequent lately. got 30-40 at least in a month. Sigh, dun they know how to giv up..-.-"

eneres said...

They are jus using a new method this time lar.. haha..

previously going ard were about someone passed away and left a huge some of money for collection and said need someone trustable to collaborate and get the money out.. WTF! Like you and I know each other very well..

tat method dun work so now this one lor... haha..

Akira 思胜 said...

Haha, this is a spam mail for me, no need to open and read it... just delete it...

Anonymous said...

hey marc i got that type of email be for but.. that spam email i just delete away...haiz i normally get 1000+ spam email a day in my hotmail i use to delete away but now i just leave it... :)


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape