22 April 2008

Thank God its not Stefanie Sun again!

I have totally nothing against Stefanie Sun, but it was speculated for many months that she was selected again to sing this years National Day Song, for the 3rd time!!!

Thank God these speculations have finally come to an end as the NDP Ex-Co has announced yesterday that this year Joi Chua would be singing the National Day Song instead.

Apparently when speculations were rising as to who will be singing this year, many netizens have voiced their concerns that they would not like to see Stefanie Sun sing again as "there are definitely many other talented local singers like A-do, JJ and Sun Ho".

Lianhe Wanbao and online web portal OMY have confirmed that Joi has taken over the role from Stefanie due to the many angry petitions Singaporeans have sent to the organisers.

I am glad that Joi finally has an opportunity to sing in this year's NDP as I have always admired her cystal clear and strong, yet gentle vocals. I believe this would be another milestone for Joi's career.

Reports have also mentioned that Sun Ho and JJ were also in the list of considered artistes to sing for this year's parade. However Sun is currently busy jet-setting between Beijing and Los Angeles. It seems Sun is the official music ambassador for the Beijing Olympics 2008, and she will not be in Singapore during the National Day Parade. Sun currently resides in the States.

As for JJ, he is also currently busy with other projects in China and could not be contacted for comments.



I am so looking forward to this year's NDP song. I must say the song that most Singaporeans can still strike a chord now would be "Home" sung by Kit Chan in 1998. That is defnitely my top among all National Day songs so far.

Before the 2008 NDP song is out on TV screens, enjoy "Home" . . .



6 Macro Voice(s):

JSlogy said...

Seems like I have no idea who are some of those singers you mentioned. Anyway, CBox is retarded cause it track the net work's IP, hence by blocking someone, other people like me, are block too.

Marc said...

Js, they r all Singaporean singers.

Yup, IP addresses are shared and I m glad most people know abt that except for the stupid ones, who think that tracking IP is accurate.

I know, sometimes i accidentally ban my frens too when I ban someone who spammed my board.

Same goes for me, sometimes i m banned on my fren's board.

Anyway if u need to tag, leave me yr IP address via this comment box and i will look for that IP and unban it.

Dun worry, i will delete the comment after unbanning u.

JSlogy said...

I've no idea what's my IP, cause its always changing. LOL. Doesn't matter, cause sometimes my IP address change and I can tag again. LOL. People who are familiar with their blogs and tagboard would know I guess.

Anonymous said...

I love Kit Chan's Home too :)
Really really love it so so so much...

Anonymous said...

wah, if JJ sings den it'll b gd!!! =D

Janelle - *snowcandi.blogspot.com*

CHERRING said...

well, i have nothing against stephanie sun also and I'm so glad she's out.. We are just getting bored of her anyway..

I wonder how she's feeling about this then.. loL


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape