02 May 2008

David Archuleta is American Idol!


I would love to hear that from Ryan Seacrest weeks from now, as I think David Archuleta is really the strongest contestant left, in my opinion. David A left a very strong impression on me the first time I saw him on TV, during the preliminary rounds. Though he is young, but he sings with a mature and steady disposition, thats way better than most older contestants.

His sweet boy-next-door demeanor has won the hearts of many, worldwide. Be it aunties, to young girls, to even guys alike, David A has his way to charm the audience. His "i-am-shy" signature grin is his winning tool.

Everytime Simon, Randy or Paula says something nice about his performance, he will blush and grin from ear to ear, displaying what we call humility, in layman terms.

At least he does not rebuke the judges like what Amanda Overmyer did the week she was voted off. Serve her right. I cannot remember exactly what she said but it was something like "I do not have to please you!" to Simon.

OMG, when I heard that, I was filled with disgust. What did she mean by she did not have to please Simon. Perhaps she is so dumb that she did not realise that Simon's words affect the voters. Usually if Simon says "We shall see you again next week", it means the contestant wil NOT be voted out. But if Simon says "Your singing is horrendous" or "This is the worst performance tonight", the contestant is likely to be voted off the next day.
Simon's words are powerful, he can either make you or break you!

The Top 4 left in the competition are really the cream of the crop. I also love Syesha Mercado. She sings like Whitney, talks like Brandy and and slangs like Alicia Keys. OMG if only there can be 1 male and 1 female champion. Then I would happily say the crown goes to David Archuleta and Syesha.


There are many speculations that the Top2 would be the two Davids. David A and David C. However, I choose not to believe that. I hope to see David A roughing it out with Syesha, at least it would be a spectacular competition, having two different genders doing the same genre of songs, with very different styles.

So far the winners of the past American Idols have always been very disapointing. Like Reuben winning Clay in season 2 and Taylor Hicks winning Katharine McPhee in season 5! I hope history does not repeat itself because I am sure audiences worldwide are rooting for David A.

Regardless of whether David A eventually wins the Idol competition, he is already a winner in every sense. I believe he is going to be famous, like Chris Daughtry, he did not win, not even close, but he has more fame than most idol winners. Where is Reuben? Who is Reuben? ;p

I will be kept at the tip of my toes till the finals, I am really nervous . . .

Call me an Idol Fanatic, YES I AM . . .


PS: I still cannot get over the fact that Ramiele has been voted off!

7 Macro Voice(s):

CooolKidz said...

=.= David A is not consistent enough. David C in the other hand is the better performer among the rest, consistence-wise. And Americans will definitely try to redeem their failure to vote for Chris Daughtry for the win at season 5 by choosing David C this time, you know, a fellow rocker. I mean, look how big is Daughtry now (and where is the heck is Taylor Hicks - the eventual winner. lol) . They obviously don't want to get it wrong the second time.

Marc said...

Hi Coolkidz, But u shd cut David A some slack cuz after all he is so young, he is only 17. I think he sings really well for a 17 year old and we shd credit him for that.

I agree David C bears some uncanny resemblance to Chris Daughtry, but one Chris Daughtry is enough? There isn't any singers with David Archuleta's disposition in the English market right now.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Anonymous said...

I like Archuleta because he's singing is awesome.. but he sounds whining at times..

I like Dave Cook because he's got a nice rock tone..but i dislike his cocky look.

I will vote for Archuleta ...
but I will buy David Cook's album..hahaha..

CooolKidz said...

Marc, English market? You mean American market? Anyway, American Idol is not about marketing potential (maybe it is), nor age factor, it is down to who deserve the most.

If one has the whole package in terms of looks, young, talented but sings okay week in week out and eventually won the whole comp, don't you think it is unfair for others that sing better but just because his marketing variety and the fact he is older (so he as in a way should sings better because he is 'older'), lost out to the winner who sings great for his age but not consistently?! Don't you think it is a little bias?

David A WAS my favourite, but as the comp went further, David C kept stands up compare to others, as he is far more original and consistently sings better then others. For me, David A has not lose out yet, he can still win the whole thing but he needs to overcome his nervous problem, and start delivers idol-winning performances for the remaining rounds to ensure a fairytale finish!

Still, I am rooting for the other David. =P

We'll see....

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...

KimFatt, ya man his cocky look is what irritates me too. The "i-think-i-will-be-the-eventual-winner" look.

Coolkidz, English market, not American market. As in people who listen to English songs, that does not narrow down to Americans only. Hong kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Europe, Australia. Or rather English Pop Market.

Well, every one has their preference, and in this case I really do not like David C myself, so I will not support him.

I really want to see Syesha and David Archuleta in the finals.

Sorry if I offended any David C fans, but this is just my opinion la, one out of the millions out there....

And, American Idol IS about the whole package, that is why it is American "IDOL" and not American "Talentime"....

:)

CooolKidz said...

Marc: o.O okay okay, whatever happens, one thing for sure, American Idol brings us lots of entertainments like the Paula Abdul's awkward moment recently to the amazing stars it produced throughout the seasons, let us just sit down and enjoy the moments. =D

Peace. XD


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape